Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Opening Remarks

Well, considering that this is something I never thought I’d be doing, I’m not sure where to commence. In that case, I guess the beginning is really the best place to start, so I will. My name, obviously, is Becky. I am a children’s pastor, love polka dots and the color yellow. Writing has recently become one of my passions.  Smiling is what I do best.


I am also a mom to be, albeit not in what most people would consider the "normal" manner and most definitely in an unknown time frame.

My husband and I have been (and still are) struggling with unexplained infertility. The past four years of my life have been an interesting journey. This journey began like most others, full of innocence and a naïve belief that at any moment we would be expectant parents. We gradually progressed to the “Hmm, maybe something isn’t entirely right stage” and onto the, “well, obviously something isn’t quite right, but no one can figure out exactly what” stage, which is where we are now.

We are also pursuing adoption through the foster system, as that is something we have always wanted to do. Following much prayer, thought, and counsel from friends who have walked this road before us, we decided to pursue adoption the end of 2010. We recently completed our paperwork, training, are home study approved and are waiting on God’s timing for our first placement.

All this said, it is my desire to be an encouragement to families who are walking this road with us, even as we continue our journey. I also believe that many of the things that I write, or have written as the case may be, are not necessarily specific to infertility. They may have stemmed from that place in my life but are applicable to many other situations that I or others may encounter in this lifetime.

So without further adieu, I welcome you to this journey- a path of hope when there seems to be none, because with God’s help, there is nothing left to fear. Feel free to join in, share your thoughts (nicely please :)), and give your feedback as we grow together.  

2 comments:

  1. Yay Becky! I am so glad that you have started a blog AND I am so glad to hear that you guys have decided to adopt from foster care! I just finished teaching the training course that is required in Alabama (same material is covered in every state but the curriculum is slightly different) to a group of parents wanting to adopt from foster care last night. I had a small class this year, only 4 families, but that is at least 4 more children that will have a loving forever home!! So happy to hear an update on you and I look forward to reading more on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont know you, but i beleive you will conceive very shortly. Have strong hope in the near future :) and ... smile!

    ReplyDelete