Monday, August 22, 2011

Women of Faith


A few years ago I was fortunate enough to receive tickets to a Women of Faith event; at that point in time I had never been, was a newlywed, and didn’t really know anyone to go with, so I spent the first night carpooling with a lady I didn’t know (which was interesting) and the second day with my mother-in-law (good bonding experience).

I had a really good time, but have not been back. All that changes this weekend.

A few weeks ago, I received an email from Booksneeze, which is a book review program for bloggers that I joined a while back. As I mentioned in my last post, I have a separate blog for all of my book reviews, mainly because I started doing that before I decided to be a real blogger and was still pretty much in hiding. Anyway… this email stated that they were going to be selecting individuals to attend the Women of Faith conference for free to blog about it, so I figured why not, what’s it going to hurt! A few weeks later I was notified that I had been selected.

As a result, this weekend will be way fun for me. My sister, who is also pretty much my best friend is joining me, and I can’t wait to experience this conference with her- it certainly comes at a good time for both of us, and will be a most welcome “girls” weekend- there will  most definitely more to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment